I will have access to a small set of iPad 2 tablets for use in geography. I don't intend to use these in every lesson, but where they help support learning.
I'm going to be blogging some progress here on the blog, and also will be connecting it with some of the CPD and consultancy that I have already booked in for the new academic year.
In late September I'm heading back to Hull University again, where I trained as a teacher, to work with the new PGCE group there. All of the trainees have been given an iPad this year, so will be interesting to see how they are using them, and how it affects the
Rob Chambers has been a useful contact here, as he has been involved in a Pilot of iPad use in his school in St. Ivo, which is not too far from Ely, so perhaps I'll pay a visit one afternoon.
Here's a copy of the report that Rob put together. Visit the page to download.
Another useful contact here is Richard Wells, who actually teaches in New Zealand.
I've been in touch with Richard, who has produced a range of NUTSHELL guides, and plenty of other really useful documents for those who are trialling or using iPads in the Geography (and other) classroom...
I'll be blogging the results of my work with iPads once the term gets underway... along with the supporting technology and infrastructure that we have at the school...


No comments:
Post a Comment