Saturday, 1 June 2019

Eating Better Alliance

I was made aware of this group via a newspaper column which said that they had worked out that a breakfast sandwich of sausage, bacon and egg has a carbon footprint equal to driving 12 miles. I can't find that particular statistic personally...

The Eating Better Alliance is a group of organisations that is dedicated to improving the food system, and what people eat.



With all organisations of this kind, I always look first for their publications or reports, and whether there is potential for them to become curriculum materials or enquiry questions.

I loved the graphics in the Sandwiches Unwrapped report, plus the wheel of provenance. The triangular sandwiches for up and down trend arrows was a nice touch. The full report is 10 pages long.
This might be a suitable time to remind you of the resource that I wrote on sandwiches as part of the CILT pack of resources that I created.
This is a focus on Pret A Manger.

There's also a report on attitudes to meat consumption.

The full Less and Better report (PDF download)

No comments:

Post a Comment