Thursday, 13 June 2013

Useful video for Antarctica

Mark Brandon talking about our connections with the Poles and what they tell us about the world... and the differences between the N and S Pole.



You can follow Mark on Twitter @icey_mark

An excellent introduction to some themes related to the South Pole, which can be explored further...

2 comments:

  1. Alan would I be correct in thinking you worked on some resource books based on Antarctica? I am going to be teaching a unit on it next year at the new place and would love to take a look through it. Also keen to get those links going with Ely, my new HOD has some ideas, will be in touch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Max
    I didn't work on books for Antarctica - it was more based in the Arctic for the Frozen Oceans work with Digital Explorer.
    I provided some small elements of the Discovering Antarctica website for the RGS.
    There's also quite a lot on my old GeographyPages website, such as a link to the BAS education page: http://www.antarctica.ac.uk/about_antarctica/teacher_resources/index.php
    Re. the links - let me know what you've got in mind, and I'll chat with my new colleagues as appropriate. Have DMed you new e-mail via Twitter...

    ReplyDelete