The classroom where I will spend most of my time in the new academic year has a Hotboard installed on one of the walls.
There is a video here, which explains some ways to use a Hotboard, which coincidentally features a section filmed in the very building where I will be working, with several colleagues from the school I shall be working in.
The video is embedded below, and is one of several that are included on the Hotboard site.
I have some initial ideas as to how this will be used, and there are some featured on the site too. This seems to offer some interesting opportunities for display work that are very interactive. Materials can be changed quickly, questions added, multiples of sheets stored ready for students to access at points that suit them, stimulus images placed ready for the start of the day, and various other uses. They can be used by students to add questions they would like answering, or for feedback.
I wondered whether other geography (or other) departments had one of these, and further ideas for how they could be used. I shall be sharing what I do with it once the new term starts. It's time to start thinking about how to make use of the Hotboard.
Web searches come up with very little, so I think this is an area to start thinking about now...
No comments:
Post a Comment