(Can't blog as taken from newspaper...) - also check the Daily Mail coverage of the story along with over 600 comments from readers...
The lifeboat at Aberystwyth had to rescue this student from an area near the seafront. Was he right to ignore the warnings? How risky was his behaviour? Did he need to be rescued?
Other people who went out 'to take some photos' are missing, despite being given warnings...
There are some interesting questions here about the nature of risk.
We discussed the accident of Michael Schumacher and the risk of certain sports, using an article from the Guardian datablog.
Here's a picture I took three weeks ago on the Norfolk coast at Happisburgh.

It's the final house on Beach Road in Happisburgh - the cliff was in danger of collapsing, and potentially could have collapsed while I was there. Was I taking a risk?
At a time when we have our attention on risks generally, it's worth thinking about this theme.
Is the world a riskier place than it used to be ?
Here's a sheet to construct an A-Z of risk
No comments:
Post a Comment