This makes use of the Discovering Antarctica website.
This website is full of interactive elements and really goes into detail on the impact of human use of the Poles.
I contributed some of the teaching materials to the website, and a few other bits when it was first created.
If you are in Year 8, I recommend that you take a look at this website and work through some of the activities as directed for prep. There are plenty of fun games and interactive activities to work with, and we will also be using a tool called TRIPTICO to make our own versions, which will be even better than the ones on the website of course.
There's also a partner site which I worked on called Discovering the Arctic.
I wrote the SWIPA permafrost materials for that website.
See the posters in the Geography rooms for more on these sites...
We'll also be looking at some of the questions that you have about the Poles and trying to answer them...
Here's an interesting question that a student asked teacher Liz Saville, which she shared on Twitter.
The best question posed by my KS3 students today whilst learning about Antarctica ? " what does 'cold' smell like"? That got us thinking....
— liz saville (@liz_saville) September 6, 2013
Can we think of other questions about the Polar regions ?
No comments:
Post a Comment