We all need some inspiration from time to time. That was the theme of the Queen Philippa house assembly this morning, when Molly told us about Andy Goldsworthy....
Yesterday was a spot of inspiration for me. At the end of the day, I went up to the Cathedral to hear the choirs: first the Ely Cathedral boys then girls choirs, followed by the hundred-plus children of all ages who had spent the day preparing some pieces by Benjamin Britten. The sound was incredible, and the setting, in the Octagon tower was stunning. Gave me a quick 20 minutes of reflection time before going back to set up the Open Evening in the Junior School for Year 6 pupils and prospective parents.
Great work by Mr. P-T and all the colleagues. Nice piano playing by Edmund Aldhouse too...
And tomorrow, on my 'day off', I'm off up to the University of Hull, where I trained as a teacher to hopefully offer a spot of inspiration to the new PGCE cohort...
Wish me luck, and watch out for a tweet-out tomorrow morning to get some responses...
No comments:
Post a Comment