After a hectic half term, I have just returned from a 4 day trip to Scotland, where I visited Glasgow, Edinburgh, Perth and Dundee.
In Perth, I attended the annual conference of the Scottish Association of Geography Teachers and talked about some work that we've been doing on Mountains as part of our Adventure Landscapes work.
I was also there to pick up a very special award: the Tivy Education Medal, which was awarded by the Royal Scottish Geographical Society.
Very few people have received this award, and I was honoured to receive it from Professor Iain Stewart.
The scroll was an honorary fellowship of the Society: an additional honour, given that the secretary in 1904 was none other than Sir Ernest Shackleton, who we have been studying in Year 8.
An exciting moment, and more proof of the quality of our geography department at King's Ely.

No comments:
Post a Comment